Our collection includes a variety of print and electronic materials with a focus on Indigenous content that helps our learners with their studies. The library is located at the top-right of the central stairs or Room 201.
Hours of Operation
Open: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Please note: not all material may be readily available at the library. Contact our Librarian for more details.
Using Library Resources
- NEC students and staff can borrow from our library collection
- Students must register with the librarian before borrowing any material
- Materials can be borrowed for two-weeks
- A one-week extension may be granted
- A late fees of $1.00 is charged per day
- A maximum of three items can be borrowed at one time
- Reference material remain in the library at all times
- All borrowed materials must be returned before Official Transcripts are released at end of each term
Additional NEC Library Resources and Services
- Computer Lab: Students can book, in advance, a computer in the computer lab or library
- Equipment Bookings: A 24-hour notice is required to book audio-visual equipment
- Learn Research Skills: The librarian can assist students one-on-one or in small groups
- Printing: Printing fee is 10 cents per page
- Course textbooks: Students can use a course textbook in the library
UBC offers a free library card for any Aboriginal person living in Canada (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit). To receive a UBC library card, students can go to the circulation desks of Walter C. Koerner Library at UBC and present one piece of government issued ID (eg. BC driver's licence, provincial ID, or passport) and proof of permanent residence in Canada (eg. bank statement, utility bill, or automobile registration). The maximum number of items on loan at a time per student is 50.