This 6-month certificate program provides students with practical skills and knowledge for an entry-level position in the Information Technology industry as a certified software tester. In this intensive program, students learn how about conducting quality assurance testing, project management, and software architecture and design.
After completing the in-class training, students apply their skills and knowledge in an 8-week paid internship with our partner, PQA and Plato Testing.
Length: 6 months
Offered: To be determined
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 9am - 4pm
Practicum: 8 weeks - paid internship
According to Work BC, people employed as a Software Tester can earn a median salary of $58,856 per year. As a Software Tester, you will develop and execute test plans to determine the software application performance.
People in this occupation:
- thoroughly test software and systems programs before they are made available to the public
- enhance software and systems performance
- are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors
- are employed in companies that develop software or design computer and telecommunications systems
- should have advanced computer skills and understand the needs of consumers
- need to be analytical, patient and detail-oriented
- must also be persistent, able to solve problems and able to make decisions under pressure
- have the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel
Native Education College Pre-Selection
- Minimum Grade 10 completion
- Keyboarding 25 wpm
- An interest in computers and technology
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to read technical manuals
- Ability to write basic reports
- Unemployed but not EI eligible OR underemployed (need documentation)
- NEC Interview with Student Advisor or Program Manager
PQA Testing Final Selection
Tuition & Fees
Indigenous learners are eligible to receive funding for tuition and books. Contact the Admissions Department for more information.
For more information, please contact:
604.873.3772 Ext. 328