- Student Services
- About Us
- News & Events
- Continuing Ed.
The NEC employs people of all nations who contribute to the mission and goals of the organization.
Working within the longhouse philosophy of the organization is a very special experience and many of our staff have worked for the college for a very long time. Working in basic education in inner city requires personal commitment and the visible transformation of students is enormously satisfying.
Most NEC employees are covered by a collective agreement with the BC Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU). View collective agreement here.
Casual Instructors - Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program - Main Campus
NEC is currently seeking casual instructors for the courses indicated below:
- HCA 100 Introduction to Practice
- HCA 110 Health & Healing: Concepts for Practice
- HCA 120 Lifestyle & Choices
- HCA 130 Interpersonal Communication
- HCA 140 Personal Care & Assistance
- HCA 150 Common Health Challenges
- HCA 160 Cognitive & Mental Health Challenges
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Start Date: Most courses start September 2015
Hours: as scheduled, depending on course(s)
Salary: as per collective agreement, depending on funding
Casual Instructors - Aboriginal Early Childhood Educator (AECE) Program - Main Campus
NEC is currently seeking casual instructors for the following AJS courses :
- ECE 103: Creative Arts
Closing Date: Thursday, September 3, 2015
Start Date: September 14, 2015
Hours: Monday, 6hrs each day for 6 weeks
Salary: $29.75 per hour
Casual Instructors - Aboriginal Adult Basic Education (AABE) Program - Surrey
NEC is currently seeking casual instructors for the following AABE courses :
- Math 10 (Intermediate)
- English 11 (Advanced)
- Computers 11 (Advanced)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: September 2015
End Date: December 2015
Salary: $29.75 per hour
Professional Services – Catering and Cafeteria Services at the NEC
Proposals will be received at the NEC Native Education College, 2nd Floor Reception, 285 East 5th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5T 1H2 prior to Closing Time: 5:00 P.M. on August 7, 2015.
- Proposals are to be submitted in sealed envelopes or packages marked with the RFP Title and the Proponent’s Name.
- The NEC is looking to secure a caterer that can provide a variety of nutritious and affordable meals to students.
- All inquiries related to this RFP shall be submitted in writing to the attention of: Tammy Harkey, Dean of Student Services FAX: 604.873.9152, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org