Join our team!
We are always looking for talented Indigenous professionals who want to make a difference in the community.
Working at NEC
The Native Education College welcomes new employees that are committed to making a difference in the lives of Indigenous learners from across Canada. Below are the policies that our employees abide by.
- Code of Conduct
- BC Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU) Collective Agreement
When applying, please address your application to:
G. Peters, Executive Assistant
NEC Native Education College
Casual Instructors - Aboriginal Early Childhood Education (AECE) Program
We are currently seeking casual instructors for two courses offered in the AECE certificate and diploma programs. These courses are:
ECE 103: Creative Art (delivered on Fridays)
ECE 227: Working with Families (delivered on Thursdays)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required; ECE license is preferred; 2 years related experience to the course subject matter;
- Successful instructional experience, preferably at the post-secondary level;
- Knowledge of and successful experience with Aboriginal adult instructional methodology;
- Aboriginal ancestry or extensive experience working with Aboriginal organizations;
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication skills;
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Appointment to this contract position(s) will require a formal criminal record check, the details of which may preclude an offer of employment being finalized. Preference will be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants. This position is open to male and female applicants.
Closing Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Start: September 2017
Hours: as scheduled
Food Service Worker (Contract) - Student Services Department
We are currently seeking a food service worker to operate the canteen from 8am to 2:30pm daily. Duties include prepare daily snacks and light meals, and refreshments. Other duties include:
- Organize a free daily breakfast program for students 8 to 9 am
- Serve NEC students, staff and customers at the counter for cash and advanced sales
- Receive and account for all cash sales for the NEC food services program
- Prepare weekly menu and shopping list, and purchase groceries and supplies
- Maintain inventory in storage areas and keep records of food and supplies used and available
- Wash facilities, equipment, cooking and serving dishes and utensils
- Perform other related duties as warranted
- High school diploma or equivalent with a valid FoodSafe Certificate and basic computer skills
- Experience operating a commercial canteen or kitchen including menu planning and ordering supplies
- Experience in preparing, reheating and serving foods
- Experience in retail sales and handling cash
- Must have reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Appointment to this contracted position will require a formal criminal record check, the details of which may preclude an offer of employment being finalized. This position is open to male and female applicants. Preference will be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants.
Closing Date: Friday, August 18, 2017
Time Frame: September 2017 to June 2018
Hours: 35 hours/week